Monday, May 16, 2011

Less is more (living a Minimalist life)

So often, as mothers and wives we find ourselves complaining about the life WE have created! That's correct we created. Let's look at laundry for example. I was doing laundry today, and I found myself saying what the hell, why do I have so much laundry why do these kids have so many freaking clothes. I was fussing my heart out, but then I realized I bought all the clothes! My kids didn't go out and buy outfits then come home and make me wash them, no I did that. I felt the need to go out and buy them more shirts than they will probably ever wear so when they do wear 20 shirts in a week because they can, and I have more laundry than usual it's my fault. Now think about your house no matter the size, you choose that house to live in, you choose the decorations and furnishing, and everything else that comes along with it are all your doing. So when you are cleaning it, you can't be upset, because you made the decision to live that life. As women we dream in color, and we strive to achieve our dreams, but then when our dreams appear in our lives we have a way of complaining them away. So what if less was more. I sat there as I folded clothes thinking what if my kids didn't have all these clothes, what if they only had 7 shirts, one for each day. Would that be so bad? What if my house was smaller, and I didn't have so much to clean? Would it make me happier? I have no clue, but honestly probably not. I would probably find something else to complain about. What I do know is that Danish believe that less is more and apparently they are suppose to be the happiest people. So I'm going to take on that thought process. I'm not saying downsize or stop shopping, what I am saying is stop complaining and if stuff is the cause of your complaining then live a minimalist life! Maybe you don't need 200 pairs of shoes if your "junky" closet is cause for stress. I'm just saying. So the next time you are getting ready to complain ask yourself did I cause this, do I really need this, is stuff the source of my stress, is obtaining stuff the source of my stress. Stop and really ask yourself why exactly am I complaining right now, in this very moment. By doing this you can save yourself a lot of fussing, heartache, and most of all stress. When you do this what you will find is the very thing that is causing you stress is more than likely self made, and if by some chance it's something you can control then there is really no need to complain about things we can't change. So in short, stop complaining if you can it change it, and stop complaining if you can't change it. Simply put Stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment